This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience and analyse use of our website. By clicking ‘I accept’ you agree and consent to our use of cookies. You can find out more about our cookies here. Find out more

Obtain proof of employment history

Esme Shakeshaft

If you need evidence of employment for a claim, the following notes published by HMRC may help. 

You can ask HMRC for a record of your employment history, for example if you are making a compensation claim for:
•    an industrial injury (for example asbestosis or industrial deafness)
•    a road traffic accident
•    medical negligence
•    hardship (for example you’re claiming through a benevolent fund or charity)
How to get your employment history

Fill in the application form that is available on the website and send it to HMRC. The address is on the form.

Apply for an employment history on behalf of someone who has died

You can also apply to get the employment history of someone who has died if you are legally entitled to claim damages on behalf of their estate.

If you are wary of undertaking the task, we can help.

Please contact your local office today, where an advisor will be happy to assist.